- Keanu Reeves will play a role as Thomas Anderson / Neo
- ‘Matrix 4’ is directed by Lana Wachowski
- ‘The Matrix Resurrections’ will have its world premiere on December 18th
Cinema lovers all over the world talk about The Matrix and rightly so. The movie, which is the fourth installation in The Matrix film franchise, comes almost 20 years after the last film, The Matrix Revolutions, And this time it seems that things have only gotten bigger and better in the world of the Matrix. When Keanu Reeves repeats his role as Thomas Anderson / Neo, he joins a stellar cast including Carrie-Anne Moss, Jada Pinkett Smith, Neil Patrick Harris, Priyanka Chopra, and Christina Ricci. And the film has once again been a trend on social media, with it being confirmed that Priyanka Chopra would portray the role of Sati in the upcoming film.
May The Matrix – often referred to as Matrix 4 – scheduled for release on December 22, here’s everything you need to know about the movie.
- The most recent and discussed-about update of The Matrix project is confirmation that our own Priyanka Chopra will play the role of Sati in the film. While fans of the franchise have already posted theories for this effect, Warner Brothers Korea’s Instagram page revealed via a post that the actress is indeed playing the role of Sati. The poster has Priyanka Chopra along with the name of the movie in Korean as well as the character name, Sati, in red along with a hashtag that Sati reads. The character Sati, the daughter of Rama-Kandra and Kamala, was created without purpose, out of love alone. Therefore, she was always at the threat of deletion. However, she is allowed to survive and is protected because the Oracle believes Sati may have an important role to play in the Matrix world. Well, it looks like she’s here to play her role.
- The Matrix is the first film in the series directed solely by Lana Wachowski. Earder, The Matrix (1999), The Matrix Reloaded (2003), The Matrix Revolutions (2003) are all directed by Lana Wachowski along with her sister Lilly Wachowski.
- The latest installation of The Matrix has a heady mix of some old favorites and new stars. While Keanu Reeves returns as Neo / Thomas Anderson, he will be accompanied by Carrie-Anne Moss and Jada Pinkett Smith, who will repeat their roles of Trinity and Niobe respectively. And the lineup of stars making their debut in the Matrix world is just as impressive. We have like Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Jessica Henwick, Neil Patrick Harris, Jonathan Groff, Toby Onwumere, Max Riemelt, Eréndira Ibarra, Priyanka Chopra, Andrew Caldwell, Brian J. Smith, Ellen Hollman, and Christina Ricci in starring roles.
- This is also the first time a film from the Matrix The franchise will not have a score from Don Davis. This time, Warner Bros. have confirmed that Johnny Klimek and Tom Tykwer will score the film.
- Production for the film is rumored to have started under the code name Project Ice Cream in February 2020, in San Francisco. The Matrix is scheduled to have its world premiere on December 18, 2021 in San Francisco and will have a theatrical release on December 22nd.