T20 World Cup 2024: Not Hardik Pandya! Eoin Morgan Backs This Indian All-rounder to Set the World Cup on Fire - Latest Global News

T20 World Cup 2024: Not Hardik Pandya! Eoin Morgan Backs This Indian All-rounder to Set the World Cup on Fire

Former England cricketer Eoin Morgan spoke about India’s chances of winning the 2024 T20 World Cup. He believes that Chennai Super Kings all-rounder Shivam Dube will play a big role and he is backing him to make the tournament a success.

Indian players are heading into the T20 World Cup 2024 after good performances in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024. Almost every player in the team had their moments in the tournament and will start the league with confidence.

The T20 World Cup 2024 will be another opportunity for the Indian team to end their ICC title drought. Since winning the Champions Trophy in 2013, they have been desperately battling for the title. They have experienced huge disappointment when the last victory came at the ICC World Cup 2023.

India had a sensational performance at the ICC World Cup 2023 and with the way they played, it looked like they would win the tournament. This was because India remained unbeaten until the final, winning 10 matches in a row but lost in the final against Australia in front of a packed Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.

However, they want to turn things around and win the title at the 2024 T20 World Cup. Captain Rohit Sharma wants to secure a big win and is hoping for a grand farewell from Rahul Dravid, whose contract as head coach ends after the World Cup.

Eoin Morgan believes that India can win the 2024 T20 World Cup. According to him, they have suffered a lot after losing World Cups and would be keen to win the tournament. Speaking to Sky Sports, he explained:

“I think they (India) can (win) because they are now at a point where Adelaide would hurt after recently losing the (ODI) World Cup at home to Australia in front of 125,000 Indian fans.”

Shivam Dube has to play, I think he will light up this World Cup – Eoin Morgan

Due to his outstanding performance in the IPL 2024, Shivam Dube was named in the Indian squad for the T20 World Cup 2024. The lanky all-rounder destroyed the spinners in the tournament, scoring 396 runs at 162.30.

With conditions in the US and Caribbean favouring spin, Shivam Dube would undoubtedly be crucial for Team India. Eoin Morgan believes that power hitting will make the difference for the team and in his opinion, Dube should play. He added:

“The spinner will come into play, the level of the batsman will come into play as the wickets slow down, as we think. But also that excellence in batting is the key point for me. Shivam Dube has to play, I think he will light up this World Cup.”

India will play its warm-up match against Bangladesh on June 1. The 2024 T20 World Cup campaign will open against Ireland on June 5.

Sharing Is Caring:

Leave a Comment