"Power" Star Michael Rainey Jr. Speaks Out After Alleged Sexual Assault - Latest Global News

“Power” Star Michael Rainey Jr. Speaks Out After Alleged Sexual Assault

Michael Rainey Jr. says he is “in shock” after an alleged sexual assault that was recently caught on video. Live broadcastThe 23-year-old Performance And Power Book II: Mind In a statement on social media, the actor now comments on the incident.

“By now everyone has seen the video circulating on the Internet. I am still in shock and don’t know how to process what happened last night,” he wrote on his Instagram Story on Monday. “This is an unfortunate situation that I do not condone in any way. I cannot take this lightly because I know that if the roles were reversed, I would be in serious trouble.”

On Monday, Rainey Jr. appeared during a livestream with Twitch streamer Tylil James and a handful of other people, including young children. At one point, Rainey Jr. appeared to become visibly uncomfortable when a young woman walked into the frame and allegedly began groping him. After initially looking shocked, Rainey Jr. then began to laugh as the young men around him seemed to realize something had happened.

“The fact is that sexual assault is never okay, regardless of gender or status,” Rainey Jr.’s statement continued. “We are all human and should respect one another. Most importantly, we should always respect ourselves.”

Michael Rainey Jr. at the season four premiere of “Power Book II: Ghost” held at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on June 6, 2024.John Nacion/Variety via Getty Images

James also made a statement in his Instagram story.

“After the events that transpired during my stream last night, I want to sincerely apologize to Michael and his family for what happened,” James wrote. “My little sister completely misbehaved and went off the deep end. What she did was very inappropriate and unacceptable. I am truly ashamed and disgusted by her behavior. I completely respect whatever Michael chooses to do in this situation.”

He continued: “After seeing the clip, I was completely shocked by what she did. I will take extreme precautions on future streams to avoid similar issues and have banned her from participating in future streams. I do not tolerate any form of abuse.”

Michael Rainey Jr. makes a statement after he was allegedly groped during a livestream.Michael Rainey Jr. / Instagram
Tylil James makes a statement in his livestream about the alleged groping of Michael Rainey Jr.TylilShowLive / Instagram

Performance executive producer 50 cents got wind of the situation and made fun of it on his Instagram page.

“I took it as a form of flattery, I’ve accepted it from female fans my whole career, but OK, guys, put her in jail! Whatever you like,” he said. wrote on Tuesday, tagged two of his liquor brands in the caption, but then quickly deleted the post.

According to several reports, including Complex50, had previously written: “Wait, sexual assault 😟 from a male perspective that was an aggressive approach. LOL, HE is fine, no charges will be filed. 🤷🏽‍♂️.”

50 Cent publishes a now-deleted Instagram post in response to the alleged sexual assault of Michael Rainey Jr.50 Cent / Instagram

Meanwhile, the rapper from “In Da Club” has recently Announcement of an upcoming documentary he produces over the ongoing allegations against Sean “Diddy” Combs.

A representative for Curtis Jackson & G-Unit Film and TV confirmed the news about the documentary to ET in Decemberand stated: “I can confirm that the untitled documentary ‘Diddy’ is being developed by G-Unit Film and Television and Curtis ’50 Cent’ Jackson is serving as executive producer. Proceeds from this documentary received by G-Unit Film & Television will benefit victims of sexual assault and rape.”

On Monday, 50 shared a video from a recent event for his Branson cognac brand, with proceeds going to benefit “victims of sexual assault.”

RELATED CONTENT:

Sharing Is Caring:

Leave a Comment