Follow the Title-deciding Weekend of the Premier League and Women's Super League Live on Sky - Latest Global News

Follow the Title-deciding Weekend of the Premier League and Women’s Super League Live on Sky

Manchester City’s clash with West Ham, Jürgen Klopp’s final game as Liverpool manager against Wolves and Chelsea against Bournemouth will be broadcast live Sky Sports on the final day of the Premier League season on Sunday.

Pep Guardiola’s side moved two points clear at the top of the table with a 2-0 win at Tottenham on Tuesday, meaning the champions are just one game away from their fourth consecutive Premier League title.

City host West Ham on Sunday, the final matchday of the season. With a win you secure the trophy again and you can follow all the action live Sky Sports Main Event from 3:00 p.m.; Kick-off 4 p.m.

It will be an emotional day at Anfield as Klopp bids farewell to Liverpool, who continue to play Wolves live Sky Sports Premier League from 3pm; Kick-off 4 p.m.

And Chelsea can secure sixth place and European football next season with a win over Bournemouth, live on Sky Sports Football and Arena from 3pm; Kick-off 4 p.m.

There will be plenty of drama in the race for the Women’s Super League title on Saturday. Chelsea know that if they beat Manchester United and maintain their better goal difference over Manchester City, they will be champions. The game continues Sky Sports Main Event and Premier League from 2pm; Kick-off 3 p.m.

What does Man City need to win the title?

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Highlights from Tottenham’s game against Manchester City in the Premier League

City just need to beat West Ham at the Etihad on Sunday to become the first team in English football history to win four consecutive top-flight titles.

However, if Arsenal fail to beat Everton at home in their final home game, City will win the title regardless of the result against David Moyes’ side.

And there’s even a chance that the title will be decided on goal difference if both teams finish the season with points!

What does Arsenal need to win the title?

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Leandro Trossard’s strike sends Manchester United crashing as Arsenal return to the top of the Premier League

Arsenal need to beat Everton on the final day and hope City don’t beat West Ham.

Anything less than a win for Mikel Arteta’s side would hand the title to his former employers.

How goal difference could come into play

This season’s epic title race could still end with both Arsenal and City level on points.

For this scenario to occur, Arsenal must beat Everton while City must draw with West Ham.

Arsenal’s goal difference is currently one better than City’s, meaning they will win the title if the teams finish level on points.

What does the supercomputer say?

According to Opta, City’s title chances increased by 25 percent to 84 percent after they won at Tottenham and Arsenal’s chances fell by the same amount to 16 percent.

However, there is still a 25 percent chance that Guardiola’s team will lose points against West Ham on the final day of the match.

If that happens, the Gunners would win the Premier League title for the first time in 20 years if they beat Everton – and they have a 62 percent chance of doing just that.

Could there be a play-off decision for the Premier League title?

In short: no.

If City and Arsenal are level on points after 38 games, the team with the better goal difference will be crowned champions.

How teams are separated if they finish with the same points

  • Goal difference
  • Goals scored
  • Head-to-head record
  • Most away goals in direct duels
  • Play-off at a neutral venue

If they are level on goal difference, it comes down to goals scored and then results between the two.

However, City would have to draw against West Ham for both teams to finish level on goal difference. Since their goal difference is worse than Arsenal’s and they would not be able to improve it even if they drew on the final day of the match, a play-off is not possible.

What are the WSL title combinations?

Chelsea sit at the top of the WSL table on goal difference, level with Manchester City on 52 points.

If Chelsea beats Manchester United on Saturday and maintains their superior goal difference over Manchester City (currently they are +47 compared to City’s +45), they will win the title.

If Chelsea and Manchester City are level on points and goal difference, the title will be decided on goals scored – Chelsea have 65, City have 59.

If Chelsea draws against Manchester United, Manchester City will win the title with a win at Aston Villa.

If Chelsea loses to Man Utd, Man City just need to avoid defeat against Aston Villa to win the title.

How to book Fury vs Usyk at the Sky Sports box office

It is one of the biggest sporting events in a generation. Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk collide for the undisputed world heavyweight championship on Saturday May 18th, live on Sky Sports Box Office. Book the fight now.

Sharing Is Caring:

Leave a Comment