Kevin Spacey will be charged with sexual assault in Britain

Actor Kevin Spacey said on Tuesday that he would travel voluntarily to Britain to confront prosecutors of criminal sexual assault, allowing authorities to formally charge him without delaying extradition proceedings.

Last week, the British Crown Prosecution Service announced that law enforcement had authorized the prosecutors, of four counts of sexual assault against three men, as well as one charge of “causing a person to engage in penetrating sexual activity without consent.” Mar Mr. Spacey, 62, cannot be formally charged unless he enters England or Wales.

A representative for Mr. Spacey told the ABC News show “Good Morning America” ​​in a statement that he would travel to Britain to defend himself.

“Although I am disappointed with their decision to move forward, I will voluntarily appear in the UK as soon as it can be settled and defend myself against these charges, which I am sure will be my innocence. prove, “the statement said.

The prosecutors are dealing with three plaintiffs. The alleged incidents date from March 2005, August 2008 and April 2013. In those years, Mr. Spacey was the artistic director of the Old Vic Theater in London. All incidents occurred in London, except one from 2013, which occurred in Gloucestershire, England. The Metropolitan Police said one of the men was now “in his 40s” and that the other two were now in their 30s, but did not indicate their exact ages.

A for the Crown Prosecution Service declined to comment on Tuesday.

In his statement, Mr. Spacey also said: “I very much appreciate the Crown Prosecution Service’s statement in which they carefully remind the media and the public that I am entitled to a fair trial, and innocent until proven guilty.”

The first person who Mr. Spacey, a two-time Academy Award winner, of sexual misconduct was actor Anthony Rapp, who in 2017 said that Mr. Spacey had made unwanted sexual advice against him in the 1980s, when he was 14 years old. Mr. Spacey is currently defending himself in a lawsuit filed by Mr. Rapp in New York.

Neidat Mr. Rapps were made public in a BuzzFeed article, 20 people working with Mr. Spacey at the Old Vic Theater in London, where he was artistic director for 11 years, accused him of inappropriate behavior. The theater, which last week said it could not comment on ongoing criminal proceedings, commissioned an independent investigation that Mr. Spacey did not agree, citing a report concluding that “his stars and status at the Old Vic may have prevented people, and in particular junior staff as young actors, from feeling able to speak up or raise a hand for help “


Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in /home/rvpgmedi/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5275