INDIANAPOLIS – April 12, 2022 – DuJuan McCoy, owner, president and CEO of Circle City Broadcasting (member of WISH-TV and MyINDY-TV 23) announced that WISH-TV will mark its station as Indiana’s Education Stationfurther its commitment to abolishing education.
“WISH-TV is very proud to expand our support of classrooms and teachers through the brand of Indiana’s Education Station,” McCoy said. “Education is one of the most important pillars of our community, and we are committed to raising awareness of education through this enhanced focus.”
WISH-TV will be the only television station in the state of Indiana to have a dedicated Education Specialist when it completes a nationwide search in the coming weeks.
News 8 has consistently been at the forefront of covering education issues and supporting community education:
- In his 30sth season, the “I Love to Read” challenge collaborates with the NCAA, which encourages 3rd classmates ran Indiana to read, a total of more than 1.6 million minutes during the 2022 game
- “AC’s Golf Classic” has raised more than $ 2.5 million over nine years, and provides students and teachers with critical teaching materials through Teachers’ Treasures
- For seven years, the “Gr8 Paper Push” campaign, in collaboration with Financial Center First Credit Union, has raised funds and awareness to help restore supplies for Teachers’ Treasures.
- WISH-TV’s Golden Apple Award, in collaboration with Bailey & Wood Financial Group, honored the top community-nominated teachers in Central Indiana for three years, and presented a $ 500 check to each month’s winner
- When COVID-19 forced schools to close in 2020, WISH-TV donated hundreds of hours of free airtime to Indianapolis Public Schools to broadcast lessons to students without home Internet access
The mission of WISH-TV as Indiana’s Education Station is to expand on and provide more in-depth, non-partisan reporting on major educational issues and debates, along with hosting education-focused town hall specialists, all while collaborating with strategic like-minded community leaders.
As Indiana’s Education Station, WISH-TV’s extensive initiatives and specialty reporting will serve as another example of its commitment to focusing on family and community.