This tutorial is about how to turn a slow / old laptop into a fast Chromebook for free. We will try our best to make you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to turn a slow / old laptop into a fast Chromebook for freeIf your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Table of Contents
Learn how to turn a slow / old laptop into a faster Chromebook for free
Sometimes a Chromebook is better than a Windows laptop. Complexity makes life difficult for users who are easily confused with computers and the people who provide their IT support. The streamlined interface of a Chromebook eliminates the need for driver management, endless system updates, and even malware prevention. More importantly, Chromebooks have a lightweight operating system that is fast and responsive, even on older, cheaper hardware, making them much more affordable. You can even build your own Chromebook for free if you have an older laptop. All you have to do is install the Chrome OS equivalent on it.
The process takes less than an hour, and the end result is typically faster than today’s cheaper Chromebooks. Here’s how to do the conversion. For this project, we use Neverware’s CloudReady operating system, which is based on Chromium OS, the same open source code that Google built on Chrome OS. You can read more about the basic differences between the two systems if you’re curious, but all you need to know is that Neverware has made the experience of using CloudReady almost identical to Chrome OS.
How to turn a slow / old laptop into a fast Chromebook for free
- Go to www.neverware.com/freedownload and select the 32-bit or 62-bit download file. Do not unzip the CloudReady download yet, as it may cause problems.
- Insert a blank USB flash drive (if one you do not like to lose data), open the Chrome web browser, install and then run the Chromebook recovery program. Do not click the Start button. Instead, click the thumbnail icon and choose Use Local Image.
- Browse to the saved file and select the media you want to use for the installation and click Open.
- Make sure you select the correct drive and then click Continue.
- Then confirm that the details on the next page are correct. Suppose they are, click create now.
- Accept the UAC prompt that appears.
- Creating a recovery image should only take a few minutes; do not disconnect the USB drive during the process. When you are done, restart your PC and boot from the USB drive. The CloudReady installer will load. Set up your language, keyboard, and network, then click Continue to begin the installation process.
- During the installation, you will need to agree to install Flash and then sign in to your Chromebook using your existing Google Account. If you do not have an account or want to create a new one to use with CloudReady, click on More options and select Create new account. Click Next and enter your password.
- Choose an image to use on your account and you will be offered the opportunity to take a tour of your new device. All apps can be accessed via the launcher in the bottom right corner. The system tray provides access to settings, where you will find the option to install CloudReady.
- Click the Install CloudReady button. You have the option to install it as a standalone operating system (which will erase everything on your hard drive completely) or as a double boot next to Windows. When you select the latter, you can choose between loading Windows or CloudReady when you start.
Final words: How to turn a slow / old laptop into a faster Chromebook for free
I hope you understand this article How to turn a slow / old laptop into a fast Chromebook for free, if your answer is no, then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your family and friends.